Tuition fees for domestic and overseas students are set by the Australian College of Theology.
+ Government assistance
Australian citizens studying eligible ACT accredited courses may pay their fees through FEE-HELP, a federal government loans scheme.
A 'Request for FEE-HELP Assistance' form is available from the Registrar.
Eligible students studying approved courses (as defined by Centrelink) can access government payments including:
- Youth Allowance (21 - 24 years old)
- AUSTUDY (25 years old and over)
- ABSTUDY ( Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent)
Applications should be made directly through the Department of Human Services.
Full-time students are eligible to receive discounted access to public transport in Victoria.
The application form can be found on the PTV website, or at most metropolitan train stations.
An authorised signature is required, which can be obtained from the Registrar.
+ Scholarships & Bursaries
Further information and application forms for all scholarships and bursaries are available from the Registrar.
The following people are eligible for scholarships to assist towards the costs of studying at the PTC:
- Students who are candidates for the ministry in the Presbyterian Church of Australia, together with applicants through the Reception of Ministers Committee (once accepted by a Presbytery).
- The wife of any candidate for the ministry in the Presbyterian Church of Australia, while her husband is studying. Limited to two units per semester.
- PCA Ministers in good standing with their Presbytery.
- Missionaries (accredited with a recognised denomination or mission organisation).
Home Missioners are encouraged to seek support for their studies from the Ministry Development Committee.
A limited number of bursaries are available to candidates for ministry in the Presbyterian Church, who are not also receiving AUSTUDY.
Women who fulfill the following criteria may be eligible for funding to support their study at the PTC:
- Applicant is a member of a Presbyterian church
- Applicant has the support of the Session at her local church
- Applicant's intended studies are to prepare her for future diaconal ministry, or further equip her for current work as a deaconess
Missions Fund – for candidates in the missionary cross-cultural training course.
Postgraduate Fund – for international students who want to undertake post-graduate studies.
Postgraduate Fund – for ministers of the Presbyterian Church of Victoria who want to undertake postgraduate studies overseas.
- bursaries for overseas students
- Todd and Campbell Trust for training women for missions and for general mission purposes
- Elizabeth Notman Bequest for work among children and young people